Discover upcoming events and initiatives hosted by ASGCU and our other Student Engagement teams. For more information details click the event listings below. To find out more about our upcoming senate meetings click the senate tab in the menu.
Student Resources & News
Below are resources and announcements from ASGCU to help you live a healthier, happier, and more sustainable lifestyle on GCU’s campus. It also includes access to resources for first-generation college students and freshmen.
9 Healthy Ways to Manage Your Stress and Anxiety in College
Anxiety and stress are common parts of the university experience. Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome. Stress is a sensation or physiological response that often accompanies...
Why join Freshman Class Council?
What is Freshman Class Council? Freshman Class Council is a program run by ASGCU, GCU's Student Government, that provides members of the freshman class the opportunity to get involved with student leadership. Members of the FCC will participate in weekly meetings...
Recycling Guide: The Do’s & Dont’s of Recycling on Campus
Below is ASGCU's recycling guide. Recycling properly helps ensure that what you put in the recycling bin doesn't end up in the landfill. While most people mean well when recycling, there are a few common misconceptions about what can and can't be recycled. When...
9 Simple Tips To Live A More Sustainable Lifestyle on Campus
Our Sustainability Team is working hard on new initiatives to make GCU’s campus more sustainable. Below are some tips and tricks on how you can live a more sustainable lifestyle on GCU’s campus. Reusable Products - Stop using single-use disposable products....
How To Prevent Social Media from Affecting Your Mental Health
Research has shown that practicing active social media use can help improve your mental health more than traditional passive social media use. Passive social media allows the social media platform's algorithm to dictate the content you see instead of actively...
Evidence-Based Strategies for Dealing with Anxiety
Below is a list of short-term, evidence-based strategies to help deal with episodes of anxiety. Beyond these strategies, it is crucial to educate yourself on exaggerated or irrational thought patterns that trigger your anxiety feelings. It is also beneficial to...
WERE HERE To serve you
In line with the mission of the university, ASGCU strives to represent and serve the student body in their pursuit of academic success, personal excellence, and spirituality. ASGCU is a multi-faceted, but cohesive team that is strategically built to help reach each student in a meaningful way. From the executive team headed by President Camden Marasco and Vice President Tyson Cantrell to every team member within the organization we are all committed to serving you.
Our goal is to advance initiatives that will put student needs first.
- This year we will focus on minimizing wait times for on-campus dining and events while maximizing attendance and student engagement.
- ASGCU will also prioritize sustainable practices and increase recycling across GCU’s campus by 20%.
- ASGCU will also be relaunching the GCU campus garden behind the Agave Apartments. Last year, current President Camden Marasco helped clean up and revitalize the garden while serving as ASGCU’s Sustainability Director.
Our goal is to amplify students need for a safe where they can feel safe.
- As GCU’s campus continues to grow and thrive, the safety of our campus continues to be a top priority for university leadership and student government.
- This year ASGCU will work with GCU’s Police & Public Safety Department to add additional gates, guard stations, and campus lighting to secure East Campus.
- For a long time, GCU’s roads have been covered in potholes. In keeping their campaign promises, President Marasco and Vice President Cantrell filled potholes across campus.
Our goal is to advocate for the needs of students from all walks of life.
- In addition to residence halls, ASGCU senators will now represent each of GCU’s nine colleges to university administrations to meet the needs of more students.
- GCU’s campus has a quickly growing population of first-generation college students, so ASGCU has a new team focused on providing resources and events to help first-gen students.
- Finally, ASGCU has worked with GCU’s Office of Student Care to help shorten wait times for mental health care services and keep students happy and healthy on campus.
No matter who you are, what you believe, what you’re studying, where you live, on or off campus, the ASGCU Senate is here to represent students like you.
The ASGCU Senate is a student-run organization responsible for collectively representing and advocating for the 25,000+ traditional on-campus university students. The senate represents student opinion, engages with university administration on policy matters, and initiates new programs and services based on student need.
There are 10 ASGCU Senators that represent specific dorms and apartments on campus, as well as commuters, and first-generation college students. The senators visit each of the locations they represent on a weekly basis and engage with students to bring their opinions directly to senate meetings. For more info on the ASGCU Senate, Senate Meetings, or to find your ASGCU Senator click the button below.
CONNECT WITH ASGCU
Get connected with ASGCU. There are so many great ways to get connected with your student government. Visit our office in Building 26 Room 106 any weekday from 8am until 5pm. Send us an email at [email protected] or connect with us on Instagram @asgcu or TikTok at @asgcu49.
If you have a great idea, comment, or concern connect with your ASGCU Senator or attend one of our biweekly public senate meetings.
VISIT OUR OFFICE
Visit our office in the Student Life Building (Bldg 26) in Room 106.
CONNECT WITH US
Follow us at @ASGCU on Instagram or @ASGCU49 on TikTok.
FIND YOUR SENATOR
Click here to share your idea or opinion to your ASGCU Senator.